memory optimizer and defragmenting

redeyes20007 13:37 20 Aug 05

hi peeps
could anyone please suggest where i can download a good free program for freeing up ram and defragging it thank you.i can only find trials and ones you pay for

User-312386 13:39 20 Aug 05

click here for disk keeper lite

redeyes20007 13:46 20 Aug 05

hi madboy
ive had a look at the link and it seems that software is for defragging ur harddrive not for defragging ur memory or freeing up ram..thanx anyway ..i dont know much about p,cs so please correct me if iam wrong

Diodorus Siculus 13:53 20 Aug 05

What operating system do you use?

How much RAM do you have?

What speed / type is your processor?

Outer Technologies
"What does Cacheman cost?

Cacheman's cost is dependent on the user:

1. Private/Educational user

The registration fee for Cacheman is $10. Since most users cannot afford $10, Cacheman has no disabled features and no time limit. If you really cannot afford the shareware fee you are allowed to use Cacheman as Freeware. All updates for registered users will be free even if we should be forced to change the license to Shareware only with the next major release"
click here

Peter 00:03 21 Aug 05

I use, and find very good, MPower Version 1.2 which is free and available from click here.

Peter.

007al 00:36 21 Aug 05

system mechanic 4.its free with a lot of magazine discs...dont know where to download from tho.try a search.it does almost everything

mole44 08:08 21 Aug 05

to free up ram ,dead easy swithof you machine and resart it. before defragging get rid of all rubish with accesories>disk cleanup them use defrag to tidy things up.

dave_and_confused 11:54 21 Aug 05

"to free up ram ,dead easy swithof you machine and resart it."

Never understood "RAM Optimisers". I paid for Cacheman a long time ago and sure it has a few nice features to tweak the running of the machone but if you feel you need to free up RAM either a) buy more RAM or b) reboot to lear the RAM. Where's all the data from RAM going? Surely you still need it so it must be going somewhere and were's faster than RAM?

redeyes20007 12:01 21 Aug 05

thanks peeps for all ur help spesh peter ive loaded mpower and its exactly wot i was looking for ...nice 1 m8 :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…