Memory mix

diesel1948 20:16 05 Sep 04

Is it possible to mix memory, say, DDR226 PC2100 with, say DDR333 PC2700? Would they run together or does the memory all have to be the same make and strength? Cheers gents and ladies (if any involved).

stalion 20:29 05 Sep 04

if you know the details of your computer tap it in here it will then give you the suitable memory for your computer
click here

diesel1948 11:45 16 Oct 05

Thank you

Totally-braindead 11:58 16 Oct 05

I would go with stalions link, to answer the question you asked, you can mix but there are a number of problems which makes it inadvisable. Firstly if your computer uses PC2700 for example and you put in compatible memory but its PC2100 it will slow the system up to PC2100 speed rather than running at the PC2700 speed, also for the memory to actually be compatible it depends on various things such as latency. You don't need to know what these things are but it is necessary to know they exist to stop you buying the wrong thing. The big advantage with Crucial is they guarantee the memory will be compatible and guarantee it will work. I've had days of tearing my hair out because of faulty or incompatible memory so save yourself the hassle and go to Crucial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…