memory loss is it me ?

firebirdb 05:35 AM 04 Jul 12

my PC is running slow, and tells me there is not enough memory available, I have not put on, anything to take up the said memory, and I have even gone to control panel and deleted everything (printer and photo stuff) that was not relevant, it runs ok for a while, but then starts the same messages "Not enough memory" as if something is running in the back ground, eating up memory.....Help !

Nontek 05:58 AM 04 Jul 12

What are you trying to do when the message appears, like when printing? Are there any other messages at same time?

Nontek 06:03 AM 04 Jul 12

Also it might help if you say whether Laptop or Desktop, what O.S. and size of hard-drive with amount of unused space - ie. 100Gb -45Gb available. Amount of RAM?

firebirdb 06:16 AM 04 Jul 12

it is a desk top, no memory avilable, says "Pc low on memory" "low disk space" not sure where to find any other information

Nontek 06:25 AM 04 Jul 12

Open you 'My Computer', you will then see C: drive, right-click on C: drive and this will tell you the drives capacity and how much of it is used/free.

What OS? XP/Vista etc? How much RAM?

Nontek 06:36 AM 04 Jul 12

If your C: drive is nearly full, then that would through up the 'low on memory' error message - but this is not the only thing - we need to know more, can you answer my questions?

Nontek 06:41 AM 04 Jul 12

I have other things to do - I will look back again later!!

Nontek 07:17 AM 04 Jul 12

Ooops, delete through insert throw above!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know