Memory limits on Windows ME

JugglingGeoff 14:20 31 Mar 04

Hi, is it possible to run Windows ME on a system with more than 512megabytes of memory? does anyone know a workaround for these limitations.

Thanks

Geoff

nyleridedog 14:26 31 Mar 04

Hi geoff

I have 512 in my win me system1
I ve never heard of windows me not being able to handle over that!

Have you been informed that this is not possible?

cheers

Old Shep 14:44 31 Mar 04

Think it depends more on your system than ME try here it might tell you something.click here

JugglingGeoff 14:53 31 Mar 04

Thanks to all for your quick responses

I was told that windows ME had restrictions on it's memory, my problem is I have just upgraded my machine to a P4 3.0g (800fsb) and thought I would go the whole hog and fitted 1.0 gig DDR 400 I will have to wait for spare cash to upgrade to win XP which can address it.

If I try to run some of the freebies that came with the Asus geforce 5700 8*AGP card the system locks up! with a white screen, take out one of the memory modules and whalla it all works perfectly. the only thing then is the memory only runs on single channel. I was informed it's something to do with the AGP graphics card and Windows fighting for addresses.

JugglingGeoff 15:11 31 Mar 04

Thanks to all of you for your responses, you have given me something to try when I can get back to my own computer. I am sure that with your help I can now workaround the problem.

thanks again

Geoff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…