Memory limitations with Norton Anti-virus

23790954 16:57 31 Jul 04

I have Norton Anti-virus and Firewall installed on my system, which I am quite happy about, but is due for updating. I would like to improve the performance of my system slightly by adding more memory to it, which I already have as spare.
The problem is that whenever the memory on my computer exceeds the 512mb limit, the anti-virus makes the system unstable, and I have to reduce the memory back to 512mb to make the system work correctly again. Norton support admits that this is the case. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem, so that I can increase the memory above the 512mb, without making my system unstable, or can recommend an alternative anti-virus which does not have this problem, and is as efficient as Norton. My operating system is Windows 2000 proffessional, my motherboard an Epox 8RDA running on an AMD Athlon 2500+ processor. Thanks for any help given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…