MEMORY ERRORS

skyblue58 20:36 24 Mar 07

I HAVE JUST UPGRADED MY DELL C521 PC FROM 1 512MB TO 2X 512 MB..I AM NOW EXPERIENCING SCREEN ERRORS IE BROKEN BACKGOUND ETC..I HAVE RAN MEMTEST WITH BOTH NEW STICKS IN PLACE AND IT REPORTS ERRORS..BUT WHEN I TEST THEM INDIVIDUALLY THEY REPORT AS OK..WILL WORK FINE WITH 1 512MB STICK INSTALLED BUT FINDS ERRORS WHEN 2 512MB STICKS ARE INSTALLED..CAN ANY ONE HELP..THANK YOU

Technotiger 21:21 24 Mar 07

Hi, are the two sticks a Matching pair, if not this could be the problem. Also have you tried them in both slots, first one way and then the opposite way. Hope that makes sense.

For your info, not rebuking you - all Caps is considered as shouting, and is frowned upon in the Forum.

Hope you get your mem working ok.

VoG II 21:25 24 Mar 07

Probably unconnected but your SHOUTING BUTTON seems to be stuck.

skyblue58 21:37 24 Mar 07

what is shouting and how do i rectify this frowned upon task

skyblue58 21:40 24 Mar 07

sorry ..obviously my caps lock button was on..will ensure its off in future..thanks for helpfull advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…