Memory could not be "written". What is this?

mujit 22:58 15 Jul 04

Can anyone shed light on the following reocurring message: The Instruction at "0x77f83aed" referenced memory at "0x009a4790". The memory could not be "Written".
Click on OK to terminate the program.

CurlyWhirly 23:58 15 Jul 04

I had this error message in AVI preview.
Did you by any chance get it while running this software?
I am not sure but I think it is because you are 'trying to jump the gun' and view a download before it has been downloaded i.e you are trying to 'jump' to a part of the file that isn't there (as it is downloading)
CW

Night Ryder 00:25 16 Jul 04

What is the name of the program giving you trouble?
If you havn't already, try re booting your computer and run the software again. Very often if a number of programs have been entered and exited over a period of time the memory is not returned. There may be some threads running in the background that you are unaware of. It's always a good idea to re boot your PC before moving on to another programe. Particularly if it is graphicaly intense.

Djohn 02:35 16 Jul 04

I was with Freeserve for a short while last year and would receive this message every time I closed outlook express after reading mail. We could not find the answer even though I talked to Microsoft about it, though they did explain it was something to do with the application being slow to release the memory it had been using.

For the past nine months or so since being with zen on broadband I have not had this problem except on a two or three occasions when I have exited from a flash application while it was still running.

There were a couple of long running threads on this last year. Most ISP's seemed to be affected but Freeserve came top of the list of providers coupled with the use of outlook express and AVG anti virus. I don't think the problem was ever completely solved. Sorry.

Carronade 04:06 16 Jul 04

If it helps, from time to time I get this message, or one very similar, when closing Outlook Express, used with Freeserve and Beeb (dial-up). It does not seem to do any harm.

one23 05:57 16 Jul 04

Same as Djohn , every time I closed Outlook Express the message would pop up. A suggestion given to me here was to change identities in OE and import saved messages to the new identity . I don't quite understand the reason why but it certainly cured it.

mujit 07:43 16 Jul 04

Your right guys, I'm running Wanadoo Broadband, AVG and Outlook. One 23, how do I go about changing identities in Outlook.

Thanks to everyone for your response.

Mujit

one23 07:53 16 Jul 04

You open OE , go to file/ add new identity and follow the instructions. I cant remember how to import messages etc. so perhaps someone with more knowledge could come in here just in case I get it wrong. The instructions foe adding or changing identities is in Xp help.

one23 08:19 16 Jul 04

Msimn exe application error - posted by sierra on Tue, 09.09.2003

Have a look at this

one23 08:22 16 Jul 04
  mujit 08:34 16 Jul 04

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…