Memory Compatability on Asus A8N-SLI motherboard

tigernick 18:25 18 Apr 06

I am building a barebones machine, probably an AMD Dual-core, and have recently bought the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. I am now at the stage of buying memory for my system, I have found out what are suppposably the compatible types of memory, but have come a bit stuck. Some of the memory I have found seems to be compatible but then quotes that it is 'high-density', I understand this to mean that it has four chips on the stick rather than the more common eight on a low-density stick. I now don't know if my motherboard is capable of handling this type of high-density memory???

If anyone has the same motherboard and has any suggestions on the type of memory to use. Or anyone who knows whether the memory would be compatible on this motherboard I would be interseted to hear????

Thanks

Totally-braindead 18:28 18 Apr 06

I have the same motherboard and bought my memory from Crucial, I bought 2 x 512mb. Heres the link click here and this was what I bought click here

tigernick 18:33 18 Apr 06

Hi thanx for quick response. I should have stated I was actually looking for 2 x 1GB modules, but that doesn't really matter. The issue is this business of 'high density' Im not sure of. I've seen a few modules on ebay which seem to be quite cheap, I'm wondering if this is because it isn't compatible with a lot of boards.

This is the quote from the ebay sale:

"DIMM (DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY 128 X 64) HIGH DENSITY"

Totally-braindead 18:38 18 Apr 06

Crucial also do 2 x 1gb modules, personally I wouldn't buy memory from Ebay, especially on such a good motherboard. Can't help with the high density bit, know about parity etc but not high density. Only other idea I have is check the ASUS website.

tigernick 18:43 18 Apr 06

Thanks anyway!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…