Memory check/count problem & Device Mgr removel

Giggle n' Bits 11:50 10 Feb 03

2 problems. Computer with WinMe, often when boot up and doing the memory check count does this then automatically restarts and repeats the check again it has done this for 8+ more times.
I am unalbe to find anything in the BIOS to disable memory check.

2. There was a Scanner installed but no longer due to UMAX2100U has been stud on. I have uninstalled the UMAX scanner but it left the imaging device with the umax in WinMe Device Manager. I have tried to remove the UMAX line but it keeps comming back.

I then went in the registry and removed all UMAX entries and still the thing is there in device manager. When I do try to remove the scanner it freezes/hangs the pc.

If i remove the Imaging device from the registry will this clear and sort the problem.

spikeychris 12:12 10 Feb 03

Try system restore for the entries, its always best to delete all references before deleting from the registry. If you hit the space bar at boot up it should stop the count, theres also sometimes options to enable fast boot in the BIOS.

Chris

Tog 12:50 10 Feb 03

You may also find an option in BIOS for halt/restart/continue on POST error.

Giggle n' Bits 13:04 10 Feb 03

help anyone to be able to help me.
If I do a system restore will this just correct the registry entries or put back a lot of older junkie software programms I had and removed ?

Ref the BIOS still trying to find something relevent to above but no luck yet.

Cheers to above Tog & SpikeyChris (Day off?) for your time.

Tog 13:46 10 Feb 03

I only have a modem connection at home. I can't afford to surf in my own time :-)

Giggle n' Bits 19:32 10 Feb 03

Device Manager by using a restore process, not a format.

BIOS as a case of disabling something similar to above. Thanks for the help Tog & SpikeyChris!.

Tunes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…