Memory Card Reader

dp600 10:16 11 Dec 05

I am buying a digital camera and the shop has suggested i also buy a memory card reader with it.Can you please explain what it is for.
Thanks Dave.

SG Atlantis® 10:30 11 Dec 05

your camera will store it pics on a tiny memory card. The card reader will allow you to access the pics directly on the PC without having to connect the camera.

Which camera you interested in?

dp600 10:43 11 Dec 05

Thanks i am interested in a Sony Cyber shot W7.Is a card reader recommended or is connecting the Camera good enough.

SG Atlantis® 10:52 11 Dec 05

click here it's very good specced camera.

Any card reader that reads "memory stick" will do. here's one from PCWORLD click here

It's simple to use, just take the card out of the camera, slot the card into the card reader and then plug it into a usb port. Win xp will detect it automatically and show it as an extra removable drive in My Computer. No installation required.

SG Atlantis® 10:54 11 Dec 05

I should have said it's easier to connect via a card reader that's what I do. It doesn't drain the batteries in the camera, and I hate recharging all the time :-P

dp600 10:59 11 Dec 05

Thank you for you help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…