Memory Card Reader

Pan Man 16:09 06 Nov 04

Does anyone know where I can get a Win 98 Driver for a Packard Bell Hi Speed USB 2.0 8 in 1 Digital Media Reader? Have searched Packard Bell Site and Driver Guide.com with no luck. Works fine on my Win XP machine but I want to use it on my other machine for transfering files

Gongoozler 16:25 06 Nov 04

Hi Pan Man. It is quite probable that you won't be able to find Windows 98 drivers for this device. This is quite often the case these days. You will probably find it easier to buy a USP flash drive for transferring files. These are quite rewasonably priced these days, just make sure you chooses one with Windows 98 (or whatever versoin you have) support. If you get a Lexar drive click here, you can download Windows 98 drivers from the Lexar site click here.

Graham ® 16:31 06 Nov 04

Obvious question has to be asked, does the 98 have USB2?

wightnight 17:00 06 Nov 04

I think you will find the answer is in the question!
Multi card readers ie. 7 in 1 or above are usually connected to the M/B via a USB Header. There is a cable supplied for this job in the box. The O/S being Win98 should have USB compatability. If not upgrade to Win98SE it should do the job.
After connection to the USB Header the Card Reader will show in My Computer as Individual Mass Storage
(E) (F) (G) (H) etc.
This Multi-Reader is Compatable with USB1.1 and USB 2

Hope this helps

wightnight

Pan Man 17:22 06 Nov 04

Sorry, should have been a little more specific. The Pc does have USB Ports via a PCI card and I am using Win 98 SE. When I connect the reader to the PC it finds it as "USBHS ORCA 8 in 1 Reader" and then asks for the driver disc which I don't have.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…