Memory card not detected

Creditman 23:04 23 Apr 05

When I upload images from a memory card (cable connection)to PC (Windows XP Home), I prefer to call up the Scanner & Camera Wizard. Sometimes this works ok, but more often it tells me that no device is detected. It then takes several attempts before it returns to normal & the images are uploaded. An alternative is to upload using the HP Photo & Imaging software but yesterday even this played up, saying that no images were detected. I always check that the memory card is firmly inserted & that all connections are ok - indeed they must be because eventually the upload works. What can be the reason for this problem ? Thanks

Creditman 23:09 23 Apr 05

I forgot to say that when trying to use the S & C wizard, it initially just shows the scanner connection & there seems no way of bringing up the memory card connection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:08 24 Apr 05

Use MY Computer, card reader should show as a new drive move pictures to location on your HDD but leave any folders on the camera card in place.

Diemmess 11:10 24 Apr 05

I know this is a work-around, but might establish where the weakness lies.........How about My Computer to see if the card reader is recognised?

jack 11:46 24 Apr 05

'My Computer'/New drive. is the best route
Some programs will not find 'stuff' if it was not there at boot up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac