memory card

ken1949 18:34 13 Jan 10

my son is running xp, he has just purchased a new camera with 1Gb memory card but when he tries to put pictures on his computer xp will not accept his memory card. is there any patch for this?

GaT7 18:44 13 Jan 10

XP should have built-in capability to do this - no patch is required. The camera drivers may need to be installed.

Tell us the make+model of the camera, the type of memory it uses, the make+model of the memory card & how is he trying to access the memory card - via a cable connected to the PC, or with a card reader? If it's the latter, also let us know its make+model. G

MAJ 18:59 13 Jan 10

I find the easiest way to access a memory card is to use a card reader, either one built in to your computer or a standalone model, they are relatively inexpensive to buy and save a lot of hassle messing around connecting your camera to the PC everytime.

DieSse 20:29 13 Jan 10

"...but when he tries to put pictures on his computer xp will not accept his memory card."

It may simply be that the card reader will not read cards of that capacity. In which case either connect the camera directly (probably with a USB cable) - or look into getting a new card reader.

mooly 07:22 14 Jan 10

Some laptops ? have the facility to turn the card reader off to save power... check !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac