Memory advice please

Giggle n' Bits 20:12 01 Nov 05

Soon I will be building a new Windows XP, Athlon 64 3400, 256 AGP x8, system.

I have in the past used Crucial memory like there PC2700 DDR

I see there are more expensive types like kingston, Geil, Corsair etc and they have these things called heat spredder which look like little metal covers on the memory. I take it that these are used for cooling the memory down.

Is there anything else that makes these kingston, Geil & corsair memory Dimms any better than Crucials own at the end of the day what is a good 256MB PC2700 Dimm

What motherboards take DDR2 ? any or only new motherboards.

Interested in your advice/help.

wotbus@ 20:22 01 Nov 05

Not too sure about this but first you must choose the mobo which will take your proposed cpu and other specs. From there I would suggest you fit the fastest memory the mobo manu suggests. If Crucial fits the bill and is cheapest go for it as it carries a pretty bomb-proof guarantee.

Giggle n' Bits 22:23 01 Nov 05

Looking deeper at the crucial support site has lots of info and answers my question.

Thanks for your call to my post though !

MIke 23:23 01 Nov 05

If you are going to buy Crucial memory don't forget to access the site via click here

There is currently a 4% discount rate for PC Advisor readers see ad in lastest edition of Mag.

Crucial have excellent customer service too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…