Memory

KC 69 17:05 23 Jan 03
  KC 69 17:05 23 Jan 03

Out of 256mb memory I have a 75% load, how can I reduce this.

AndySD 17:07 23 Jan 03

What is your Operating System?

Djohn 17:10 23 Jan 03

By reducing the amount of programs that load at startup, by pressing ctrl/alt/del at the same time, you will see how many programs you have running in the background.

jazzypop 17:13 23 Jan 03

Which version of Windows are you running?

Exactly how did you find out that you have a '75% load' (there are different methods of finding out the free memory, RAM, resources etc).

Does the 75% figure relate to when you have first started the PC, or does it rise to that figure after several hours use?

Try to reduce the number of unnecessary startup programs - checkout click here

To understand system resources a little better, click here

Make sure that you don't have any unwelcome or unwanted programs running by downloading either AdAware or SpyBot.

MartinT-B 17:19 23 Jan 03

run - msconfig for win 98
startup

uncheck everything which is NOT necessary.
loadpowerprofile, taskmonitor and printer monitors etc. are not necessary

Actually only Systray and Explorere and poss anti-virus are the only ones your really need.

I have 48 Startup options, of which only 13 are checked - 7 for NAV (norton Antivirus) ccApp, ccRegVrfy, NPROTECT, ccEvtMgr, scriptblocking, symtray - Nortonsystemworks, Norton System Doctor and 2 for the firewall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…