Memory

that big lad 19:10 26 Nov 09

Maybe an easy question to answer but just incase i thought i`d ask.. I have a DELL Vostro GX 520 witha 512 mb memory and i`d like to upgrade it, i have seen a clip on youtube and it looks fairly straight forward but i dont know wether

1, i need to buy a dell upgrade, or will anymake do? (any suggestions)

2, wether to get 1 or 2? (2x1gb or 1x2gb)

3, will i lose all my data?

4, will it have any effect on the computer/ break it in anyway?

thanks in advance for any help...

sunnystaines 19:14 26 Nov 09

download this free small program it will tell you all you need to know about your ram then order from where you want

click here

Pineman100 19:14 26 Nov 09

Just go to the Crucial Memory Scanner website and run their scanner tool. (click here) It will answer all your questions and recommend the memory modules that you need to buy (and Crucial is good memeory).

Their Support section also has a video tutorial, telling you how to fit the modules.

No, you won't lose data, and your computer should recognise and benefit from the memory straight away.

sunnystaines 19:40 26 Nov 09

if you have vista or W7 you need 2gb of RAM 1gb for XP.

that big lad 22:31 26 Nov 09

thanks for the response, i`m gonna get 2x1gb around £40.00 i`m using xp pro so dont spose i need to spend the extra £££ thanks again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…