Memory

peterryan33 18:39 18 Mar 06

Hi,

Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but just need a quick answer. I have a pc (e machines 160 with an initial memory of 128mb of SD Ram. I have in the past installed additional memory but ironically, I can't remember how much. Can someone please tell me an easy way to find out how much memory my machine has. (more than I have it would seem). Also if I decide to purchase additional memory for this machine does anybody have any good recomendations on where to purchase it from.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Peter.

eedcam 18:45 18 Mar 06

Try right click on my computer then properties should show you there

peterryan33 18:49 18 Mar 06

Thanks for that. Still think i will want to purchase extra memory and would appreciate a good supplier.

Thanks

Totally-braindead 18:51 18 Mar 06

The best click here and you can use the scan my system thing to tell you what you have and what you can take.

spuds 19:58 18 Mar 06

You could also download and run Belarc click here or SIW, they show what your computer contains.

recap 19:59 18 Mar 06

Go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag, this will show you how much memory you have plus a host of other information.

spuds 20:03 18 Mar 06

SIW free download click here A great litle programme.

Methedrine 11:33 19 Mar 06

As Totally-braindead says, use Crucial's website to determine the exact memory you need. Then go to Ebuyer to purchase the same Crucial memory. I did this when buying 1GB of RAM for my laptop. I saved £40.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac