memory

neo1 23:21 26 Nov 03

on my pc running xp other pc running xp it had 256 mg pc2100 133 mhz but i bought 512 mg pc2100 that was 266mhz i fitted it to my pc and the pc would not run except for a continues beep then put the old memory in and it wont even start now would the different dimm mxz have caused this

DieSse 23:40 26 Nov 03

You are a little confused. PC2100 RAM is PC2100 RAM - it doesn't come in different speeds - so different speeds cannot be the problem.

Most likely you have done something when you made the change.

Did you unplug the system from the mains, or switch off at the mains, before changing the RAM. If you did not, then you may have permanently damaged all of your RAM.

Wothout you remove mains from the system, there is still power on the RAM sockets - switching off at the frone is not sufficient.

neo1 23:50 26 Nov 03

i did unplug the the pc from the mains before removing the old card putting in the new card. but they may have been still a charge there and this is what may have damaged the ram?

neo1 23:53 26 Nov 03

oh as the old chip said it was 133 on the aida and on the the new card it said it was266 mhz dimm what also does this 266mhz dimm mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…