memories on tv

moorephil 21:34 04 Apr 05

Has anyone heard of photo editing software (free download)called"memories on tv".
I have downloaded this and it is great tool for editing all your photos,and adding background music etc.
My problem is I cannot burn the finished project to disc(DVD).It generates the video but then fails to burn to disc.
There must be someone out there that uses it and can help solve the problem.
Just for the record,at the end of the video generation I get an error window saying error burning to Disc.

GroupFC 21:51 04 Apr 05

If this is the s/ware in question click here it isn't free!

I suspect that it is free to try but full funtionality of the program is probably only available if you buy it. Are you trying to create the DVD from within the program? If so, according to the site, you need the mpeg2 plugin which you certainly have to buy!

moorephil 22:21 04 Apr 05

Yes GroupFC your right it is not free,you get what is known as an evaluation copy,but you should be able to burn to DVD with a trial download of the mpeg2 which I have also downloaded via the very same site.
Have you used this s/ware?

GroupFC 22:36 04 Apr 05

No, I haven't - just had a look at the site to see what it was like. (I use Roxio Easy Media Creator to make my slideshows), judging by your problems I might not give it a try!

Have you had a look at this page click here (the FAQ's to see if they are any help?

moorephil 22:44 04 Apr 05

Thanks for your reply I will try your web page tomorrow,Ive got to get it to work!

I,m off to bed now,
thanks again.

GroupFC 22:52 04 Apr 05

OK some am I in a minute - please post back how you get on. Another thought - it might be worth contacting them with your problem - altho' it's only an evaluation copy they will presumably want you to buy the product so may be prepared to offer some help!

BRYNIT 09:29 05 Apr 05

After looking at the web page I noticed this.

A trial version of the Mpeg2 plugin is also available for download. This is needed to create SVCD or DVD, but not for VCD.
Please refer to the Mpeg2 Plugin page for more details.
click here

Go down to the bottom of the page for the free trial.

moorephil 19:32 05 Apr 05

Hi there, just to let you know I havn't had time yet to try and resolve this problem.
I know that I have already downloaded the Mpeg2 plugin for the DVD(Trial Version)and this did not solve the problem.
In order to contact them I have to have a serial number which presumably I would have to pay for.
So as you can see I am still a bit stuck.

I wish someone else would try it and see how they/you got on with it.

Meanwhile,I'll keep trying.

g0nvs 19:36 05 Apr 05

Try this one,Pro-Show Gold from click here It is much better than Memories on TV. It is not free but Superb results everytime.

moorephil 15:37 08 Apr 05

Hi there everyone,appologies for not repling sooner.
I,d like to thank 'g0nvs'for your recommendation with regard to 'Pro-Show Gold',you were right it is better than 'memories on tv'.
I've used it and had great results,no problems with the burn or anything.
Thanks again.
I'd also like to thank 'BRYNIT and GroupFC'for there suggestions.
If your into putting your digital photos onto a DVD,then 'Pro-Show Gold'is the one to use.

Have fun everyone.

GroupFC 15:51 08 Apr 05

Glad that you're all sorted - have fun!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…