memcheck error can anyone help please?

porridge 18:14 27 Jul 03

When I start up my computer, after a minute or so I get a message reading " This program has undergone a fatal exception and will be closed down". When I close that wee window Windows just carries on loading and opens up normally. Clearly, the little window is being thrown on screen mistakenly, but it does not interfere with my further activities. It is however annoying.

Can anyone advise me how to get rid of and stop it turning up?

y_not 20:18 27 Jul 03

xania 20:28 27 Jul 03

I suspect that you're startup is trying to load a program that no longer exists. You need to examime what the PC is loading. On boot up, press <F8> to get a selection of boot up options and run your boot up step-by-step. Set what is loading when the error message comes up. Noew run msconfig, go to the start-up tab and uncheck any entry that refers to that program. Also check for any references in win.ini, system.ini and autoexec.bat and delete them.
Having done this, if the probelm persists and you have something like Norton Systemworks, run the one-step checkup, or Norton Windoctor. If you don't have Norotn, there are plenty of similar utilities, some free, around that will help you sek out and resolve missing links etc.

porridge 14:25 28 Jul 03

Many thanks for your advice. I have tried it partially via msconfig, but the window still turns up. I shall have another go following all the steps you list.

Thanks again.

porridge 21:53 31 Jul 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…