Membership area

andywolve 22:10 22 Aug 03

Hello,

I have finally got my very own .co.uk, however from my old website I had a member service on behalf of Bravenet.com. Now I have the technology to build a proper website. I would like to do it by myself. Can you please help me, build the registration pages, and login pages. My server allows php, CGI scripts frontpage extensions. I am using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX.
Please help, I haven't got much knowledge of doing it in Dreamweaver, (i'm a novice)
Thanks in advance,
Andywolve
(click here)

andywolve 22:24 22 Aug 03

how have u managed to do restrictions on your online site? Its really irritating me now

Forum Editor 22:43 22 Aug 03

isn't difficult. There are many useful password applets available, and in my opinion one of the best is the Coffee Cup Password wizard. You can download it if you
click here

All you need to do is create a private directory containing the pages that you want to make available to your registered members, and point successful logins to a specific 'welcome' page. It's easier to do than it is to explain, and I suggest that you download the software and experiment.

Gaz 25 01:25 13 Sep 03

My spyware program popped up: Tradedoubler

Forum Editor 08:36 13 Sep 03

that if you want a really secure members' area you'll need to set up .htaccess on your server. This will evoke a username/password challenge from the server, but you'll need to run a script on a UNIX server if you want to add/remove members yourself.

To be honest, unless you do need that level of security you will be far better off using the Coffee Cup wizard I mentioned earlier.

harristweed 07:59 14 Sep 03

There are plenty of tutorials on the web for this...here's one click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…