Members Area

andywolve 19:21 11 Jul 04

Hey,
I am currently using, Macromedia, Dreamweaver MX, to create my website. I use Hostplus, to host my website which offers me PHP4. I am using a SQL Database, which is phpMyAdmin 2.2.6. I am wondering, how can i build a login system, which verify's current members and transfers them onto a protected file on the server, also is there a way that when someone submits, a record on the database that it e-mails me, and the new user.
(when i say to transfer them onto a new page which is protected, how do i do this, i believe its meta tags but i dont know how).
I would advertise my website, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, the website went down.
Thanks

Marky_Bhoy 21:14 11 Jul 04

hi andywolve,

I am currently working on a member's area for my website.

If you are comfortable with PHP and MSQL then it is not difficult to achieve.

There is an excellent website click here that has many tutorials. Some of which take you through the steps of setting up a members area. I an currently working with the code from one of their tutorials.

But BEWARE, if you are new to PHP then simple copying and pasting will not work. What is more is that the code is not perfect! I found several errors.

If the tutorials on phpfreaks.com are too complicated then I recommend you purchase 'PHP and MSQL Web Development' by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson ISBN 0-672-32525-X

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…