Medium to High Quality 5.1 Computer Speakers

boyo123boyo 22:47 09 Jun 15
Answered

I am looking for 5.1 speakers that are reasonably high quality. I need the rear speakers to be bracket mountable and I need the cables to the rear speakers to be over over 5 meters. I'm looking to spend around £100 but can go upto around £160. Do you have any recommendations? Links or product names would be great.

wee eddie 10:17 10 Jun 15

£160 does not buy quality

LastChip 12:48 10 Jun 15

wee eddie is correct. Put another nought on the end and we can start talking about high quality.

wee eddie 13:07 10 Jun 15

Surely not quite that much. However you can make a lot of noise for £160

boyo123boyo 13:26 10 Jun 15

Then what is my best option for 5.1 computer speakers for around £160 - £200? Any advice would be appreciated.

bumpkin 15:14 10 Jun 15
Answer

It really depends on your definition of quality. I use "Creative" speakers which for me are good enough. Suggest you Google for "creative 5.1 speakers" and read the specs and prices to see if anything meets your requirements and budget.

mart7 20:08 10 Jun 15

Set of JBL 5.1 if you want quality at a higher price

click here

LastChip 11:54 11 Jun 15

Or here if you're seriously taking about high quality. These rival the Krell's at a fraction of the price.

I built a pair of transmission line speakers from this company and they blew me away. Unbelievable dynamics and detail. But a bit more than £200 for a set of these I'm afraid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…