+++ Medion USB 3 1tb external drive +++

pcdimwit 16:17 03 Dec 10

Hi, thanks for all the help with my previous Buffalo external USB drive!! I notice that there is on sunday 5th december in all the Aldi stores in UK an offer for a USB 3 (not USB2!!) 3-1/2 inch external drive 1tb capacity, my question is: will this Medion USB3 model drive work with the current Windows XP and Windows Vista laptops?? i.e. will it work OK as the USB ports on most current laptops are for USB2 configured peripherals?? just want to know before I go and buy this one, thanks. PCDIMWIT

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:00 03 Dec 10

USB3 is backward compatible to USB2

Yes it will work but not as fast.

pcdimwit 20:59 03 Dec 10

thansk for that, I think I will buy one.....
PCDIMWIT

pcdimwit 23:24 03 Dec 10

Just another question about this USB4 drive from Medion, I notice on the spec. for it, on this link:-
click here

Its says that it has an A/C adaptor and cable and a USB cable, does that mean that I will have to have to drive plugged into the mains via the transformer adpator AND to the laptop via the USB cable?? I was under the impression that the drive would be powered from the laptop itself via the USB cable (like my Buffalo one does) - can anyone explain why there is an A/C adaptor with this drive?? (if I have to have it plugged into the mains all the time its not so practical if I am using the laptop away from home and on the battery and want to transfer a file to the external drive, and this Medion USB drive wont work without the mains adaptor?? thanks, PCDIMWIT

pcdimwit 00:16 04 Dec 10

that was a typo, it is a usb 3.0 drive, Hmmm, think I;ll pass on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant