Medion - Sound keeps cutting out

reiss 14:01 09 Jun 03

Please help...

I'm one of the many that purchased a cheap and cheerful medion from Aldi late last year. The machine itself is top drawer, apart from an issue with the sound. Whilst watching TV through the T.V tuner the sound will die of its own accord every minute or so? Upon opening up the Sound properties, it appears that the PC speaker has been muted, without intervention from my self? The problem is resolved by closing the application and reopening it again, but doing this every minute is asking a bit much!

Has anyone got any clues or experienced anything similar? Any help greatly appreciated, cheers!

reiss 20:17 09 Jun 03

Has anyone out there got any ideas?

Cheers in advance...

Philip2 13:30 10 Jun 03

Did your problem start after you added the tv card??

moore_mat 15:12 10 Jun 03

It might be worth re-installing the drivers for your soundcard and TV card - you should be able to get them from here:-
click here

Then download whatever applies to your particular computer. Instructions should be included.

I'd guess that the drivers off the website are later than those on your PC, so may contain fixes to the problems you are experiencing..

Regards

Mat

Agent Smith 16:04 10 Jun 03

Just a thought. Do you have an Internet Navigator type Keyboard with a Mute button on it? If so it may just be that your keyboard connection is a bit loose.

ekblue 01:58 16 Jun 03

I had the same problem with my machine. When I contacted Medion they informed my it was a problem with the Power cinema software and that a update was available to sort the problem however the software update was only available from the German web site which is available on the following site click here . The path you need to follow is

/ Treiber & Updates / Treiber / Softwareupdates / Power Cinema

I then installed both the available patches and have had no problems since.

EKBlue.

reiss 08:06 16 Jun 03

Cheers for the tips folks, I'll give the software updates a bash and let ya know.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced