Medion PC screen blanking out

I recently purchased a Medion P4 2.8 from PC world, everything is fine but occasionally the screen blanks out. I was unsure if it was the Proview TFT monitor or the PC until I noticed the screen is stable when the screensaver is active. Can anybody shed some light on this matter?

LLADDIS 21:58 25 Apr 03

I have the same problem see my help request above re the graphics driver
I have a medion 2.8 from pc World too

woodchip 22:04 25 Apr 03

right click the desktop and stop the screen saver running

woodchip 22:06 25 Apr 03

PS also go to Control Panel\Power Management choose not to shut down I think it should be always on

woodchip 22:18 25 Apr 03

If you are not using the computer turn it of do not leave on standby

Thanks for the input lads, the screen blanking is occuring when I am using the PC so turning off the screensaver would have no desirable effect, in fact the screensaver being stable proves it is not the monitor at fault, the power management settings are correctly set as 'Always on' I suspect the problem lies in the on-board graphics SIS 650 card. It is quite disconcerting for the screen to blank out in the middle of your work so any help would be appreciated.

Gaz 25 12:06 26 Apr 03

My TFT's so this, they are just refreshing.

No Gaz the screen just totally blanks out for about 1 second then comes back on again

conrail 22:13 26 Apr 03

I had same problem, contacted the manufacturers ProView on 01234 344206, they will need the monitor serial number, product number, the product series number [starts with PK or PRO] and the model number, they will then give you a reference number and arrange a swap date with no argument or hassle, I had 2 go in the first 3 months, had this one since June 02 and no further problems. better than lugging it back to PCW

Gaz 25 01:11 27 Apr 03

do not worry it is normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…