MEDION PC, Lost control. Please help.

Newbeish 00:45 21 Mar 05

Hi,I got a Medion PC about 6 months ago.Model MD8383XL with P4 & hyperthreading.I'm using XPHOME.I just bought a system for converting VHS to digital,to make my own DVDs.After inserting the s/ware disc,all was fine & loaded properly (I think).However Then it stated that an updated driver may be available, would I like it checked.Naturally I clicked 'yes'.I was told to unplug all USB devices before continuing,which I did,only to realize that one was for the transmitter for the cordless keyboard & mouse.I tried everything to get this back up & running, but to no avail.As all bar one sockets are USB,(the other one,unused,is a serial one).Now I have no mouse or keyboard, & don't know what to do.I've tried shutting down & booting up again, but to no avail.Please help.Any would be greatefully appreciated.Thank you.

Happy Soul 01:08 21 Mar 05

Have you tried disconnecting the mouse and keyboard, re-boot and once started plug the keyboard and mouse back in. They should be picked up.

Newbeish 01:17 21 Mar 05

Yeah. I've tried that & other combinations of it, but no luck.All help appreciated.

g0slp 07:15 21 Mar 05

Are there PS/2 sockets for mouse & keyboard? (Don't know that particular machine, but I'd be suprised if there weren't).

If so, can you borrow appropriate mouse & keyboard, get your machine booted up & then carry on? System restore would be an appropriate first move.

Good luck.

dogtrack 07:34 21 Mar 05

If there is no folder with pre installed software and drivers located on C: and you dont have the appropriate discs. You could always use another PC to find the Drivers for your make and model of cordless equipment. Then reinstall them....has to be worth a try at least

TBH1 13:45 21 Mar 05

was gonna siggest booting up in safemode - - - bur with no keyboard, a 'little' difficult to say the least. I have Medion 8083 and am sure that has no facility to use a none-usb keyboard. maybe worth having a word with Medion support about it.

sinbad1 15:03 21 Mar 05

could be the keyboard and mouse need to be reset (small hole on underside of keyboard and mouse)so they comunicate with the receiver.

I had the same trouble when i disconnected the usb divice resetting allowed them to communicate and all was well.

hope this helps

Newbeish 15:26 21 Mar 05

There is a folder with the software & drivers on it,but how do I access it? There is no floppy drive on these machines...however I cannot access it...no keyboard or mouse.Although PC boots up...but says it's 'polling'...& there is no ps/2.The only sockets on it are all USB, except one which is a seriel one.I have all the setup disks with the drivers for keyboard & mouse...if only I could use them...but no control.dogtrack please read what ' TBH1 'has to say on this matter.Here is a copy of his reply.........."was gonna siggest booting up in safemode - - - bur with no keyboard, a 'little' difficult to say the least. I have Medion 8083 and am sure that has no facility to use a none-usb keyboard. maybe worth having a word with Medion support about it". As for Medion,Isent them an Email but no reply.It was bought in ALDI...can't even get a phone no. for them.A good machine none the less.

Newbeish 15:30 21 Mar 05

I'll try that when I get home....Sounds like a good idea.

BH34 15:38 21 Mar 05

The MEDION Hotline
Product Support Telephone Hotline
PC Multimedia, Notebooks and Consumer Electronic products
Telephone: 0870 727 0370 (national rate call charges apply)
Fax: 01793 715716
Monday - Friday
from 8:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
from 10:00am - 4:00pm

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:03 21 Mar 05

1. Switch on PC

2. Plug keyboard controller into USB port.

3. press connect button on controller

4. press green button on underside of keyboard

5. wait 20 seconds

6. press connect button on controller again

7. press green button on underside of mouse

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…