Medion PC - BIOS Access

Davy 43 21:01 06 Oct 09

My Daughter has a Medion Disney Dream Desk PC, which we're in the process of selling. I'm trying to restore the HD to 'out of the box' state, but can't for the life of me access the BIOS to boot from the supplied support CD.
I've spoken to Medion who inform me that it's the F2 or esc you tap on boot up to access BIOS, but not had any success with half a dozen other keys also!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David.

woodchip 22:20 06 Oct 09

both my medion comps, BIOS is Del key, but the support cd should just boot to a screen if bios is set to first boot device cd followed by hard drive

woodchip 22:20 06 Oct 09

you do not need to press a key to boot from restore cd

BRYNIT 22:31 06 Oct 09

Older Medion computers should boot from the recovery CD/DVD as the computers are usually set to boot from CD/DVD first. Boot from CD/DVD disc and look for a message I think, press any key to boot from disc.

If it a newer computer with a SATA drive you may have to press F8 as it boots. this will give you a boot menus allowing you to select which drive to boot from.

Davy 43 22:36 06 Oct 09

Thanks woodchip & BRYNIT, will take another look tomorrow with your suggestions - can't face it tonight!

sharpamat 16:52 07 Oct 09

Put your support and application disc in the drive. reboot and watch for the boot from CD prompt

woodchip 19:12 07 Oct 09

On my Medin PC's when booting from recovery CD it gives three options to recover. Start with the one at the top before doing the others. It may be all you need. the Bottom one is a back to factory setup

Davy 43 21:57 07 Oct 09

Thanks for the further responses guys, unfortunately I'm not getting past the boot from CD, just can't access the BIOS.
A further complication is the the monitor is showing an error message 'Out of Range' which I understand is a conflict between graphics chip settings & what the resolution settings are for the monitor.
So it may be that I'm getting into BIOS, just can't see it! Having said that if I leave it, windows starts as normal.

Help please!

woodchip 22:06 07 Oct 09

Graphics don;t think that would affect it in BIOS only in Windows, and to put that right you need to start in Safe Mode to correct Res. As I Said BIOS is by tapping the del key as it starting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…