Medion password

mik61ish 02 Jul 11

I have a Medion MD8008 and I'm trying to fit a 160gb hdd and I need to access the bios but Medion have got their own password i have tried am8888egh that doesn't work does anyone know a way round this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 02 Jul 11
  robin_x 02 Jul 11

Hiren's Boot CD and Ultimate Boot CD have BIOS password utils on them. Burn to CD/DVD or USB.

Good luck

woodchip 02 Jul 11

as above medion do not use passwords i have two neither have a password. remove cmose battery to clear the password if its a desktop. you will then need to reset the settings, but it should start and run on the default setting

Algerian peter 02 Jul 11

It is a desktop PC. Disconnect all power leads and open the case. Locate the cmos batery on the motherboard and remove it for 30 minutes. Replace batery and start the computer.

Algerian peter 03 Jul 11

Has it is a older computer you can also reset the bios by shorting the cmos pins. There will be 3 vertical pins next to the battery on the motherboard. 2 of the pins will be covered by a plastic cover. You have to move the plastic cover to fit over the middle and exposed pin and then put it back to it's originol place. This will also reset the bios.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message