Medion or Fujitsu

Big Big C 19:22 10 Jan 04

I have been looking in PCW at their off the shelf range and now I've asked you all about my XP query! I wondered what people thought of either of these?

I recognise the name Fujitsu but as for Medion, no idea at all!!

My existing Advent is P3 600Mhz but Advent seem to have got a tad expensive in the last 4 years.

I want a PC for editing digital photographs and video. I would also like to transfer quite a few of my old vinyl LP's onto CD. Oh and my lad will inevitably want to play games!

They both appear to be good value, both P4 3Ghz, but there are obviously differeces to the spec on the extras, like the Fujitsu with a 17inch TFT against the Medion's 15inch and the diferent graphics cards.

Anyone any advice?!!!!!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:27 10 Jan 04

I've just bought a medion 3200 from PCW (£749 sans monitor)and it is an excellent piece of kit. You will find many complimentary things on this forum re. Medion. As soon as Aldi have them up for grabs they go. Fujitsu...meh!

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:31 10 Jan 04
  jgosden 20:25 10 Jan 04

I bought a medion and it has been great

SEASHANTY 20:33 10 Jan 04

Many, many people use Medion's. I currently have four of them from 1.6GB to 2.66GB. All with XP home.
Excellent machines. They all came from Aldi altho' Staples and ToysRus sell them under the Cyber.....
brandname.

bvw in bristol 20:36 10 Jan 04

Like GANDALF <|:-)> I bought a Medion at PCW 2 weeks ago, the P4 model 3.06Ghz.

That's two Medions I now have. Never a problem.

Big Elf 20:36 10 Jan 04

We have Fujitsu desktops at work:0(

I've read a lot of good things about Medions:0)

jgosden 20:43 10 Jan 04

i bought mine at aldi cos i had heard they were good and at the price they were selling them for i just couldn't turn it down. And i've had it a year and it has been great.

OU812 23:49 10 Jan 04

While PCW is good in many regards I'd think twice about buying a PC from them since you can definately get better - and more informed - deals elsewhere. I know, I brought a PC from PC World in Oct 02 not knowing a great deal about what went on "under the hood" and have spent the last 15 Mths - as my knowledge has grown - replacing parts in order to bring it up to a spec that meets my expectations. The advice I got in the store about the system capabilities was in retrospect very poor indeed.

Aldi as has been mentioned here often do Medion deals that blow away what you could get at PCW for the same money.

Hang onto your cash and look elsewhere.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:28 11 Jan 04

The Medion that I got from PCW was a slightly higher spec than the Aldi one....and a bit cheaper IIRC:-))))). PCW do not make computers, they only sell them.

G

Cesar 12:16 12 Jan 04

I have purchased two Computers from Fujitsu Siemens and have never had any Problems, their computers have a Recovery Disc, a Drivers Disc apart from additional software, They also have a Help Forum similar to this Forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…