Medion MDN 19"TFT at PCworld - any good?

machins 17:15 30 Oct 04

I am intersted in changing my 19" CRT monitor for a 19" TFT model.
I have seen this at PC world; looks good but are there any drawbacks? Are there any other 19" models that PC advisorscan recommend.
I have a Tiny computer running XP

spuds 22:31 30 Oct 04

Medion are a good solid product, and other sources for purchases are Toys'R'Us,Aldi and Staples.So check the prices at these outlets, they could be cheaper.I would also point out that Medion products can be a re-badged item.

I have a Medion flat screen CRT which is giving very good service. One word of warning though, make sure the Medion monitor is still boxed and brand new, not a display model.Medion will try to invalidate the warranty cover if they are informed that the monitor was unboxed and possibly used as a display model.They attempted to do this with my purchase from Staples. All sorted in the end, with Staples intervention.

Philwane 07:54 31 Oct 04

If your into gaming find the Medions response time (usually 25ms) which is to slow for gaming try and get a response time of 16ms or better I have just bought a LG 19" TFT with a response time of 12ms for £299.00 and I am very happy with it

Diodorus Siculus 07:59 31 Oct 04

Philwane- can you post details of your purchase - I am interested in one with such a response rate.

Philwane 08:18 31 Oct 04

Sure its the LG Flatron L1915S you can get it from here

click here

Diodorus Siculus 08:51 31 Oct 04

Philwane - thanks; seems a good buy. I may well put it on my christmas list!

SEASHANTY 11:21 31 Oct 04

Also available at Micro Direct £287-86 inc VAT
click here

machins 08:24 06 Nov 04

Thanks for all of your help. I settled for the LG Flatron L1915S which I got from Micro Direct @ £290.22 including postage - and how about this for service. I ordered on line on Tuesday at 7.20 AM; Received a phone call at 9.20AM from Micro Direct to confirm details etc. and it arrived on Wednesday by Amtrack.
On top of that the monitor is perfect - no missing pixels etc. the the display is absolutely superb. There is also another bonus; The monitor was assembled in the UK!!

Thanks to all PC adisor readers who helped with this - I am really grateful

Philwane 08:39 06 Nov 04

SEASHANTY 13:14 06 Nov 04

See its now OOS at MD and its £331-93 at Ebuyer inc
vat. What a price difference! Just shows how much profit is being made on TFT's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…