Medion MD8000xl pc - fiting DVD drive

Kernal1873 19:26 13 Dec 04

Hi There,

I wonder if anyone has encountered this problem I have with a Medion MD8000xl pc which I purchased from Medion in November 02.

I am currently trying to replace the supplied cdrw with a dvd rw but I can find no way physically of removing the cdrw. The case which opens to one side has no clear method of allowing me to access the other side of the drive in order to unscrew it.

Am I missing something obvious as the case just seems to be fused in place on the side opposite the medion air vent.

Cheers for any help
Scott.

ACOLYTE 19:50 13 Dec 04

I would be suprised if it didnt open both sides,but having never seen this pc case i can say.

Gongoozler 19:59 13 Dec 04

If you can't open both sides of the case, perhaps you need to remove the front panel and withdraw the drive bay that way.

Jeffers22 20:03 13 Dec 04

Is there a screw holding the entire drive bay in place? I have come across a few cases that when this screw is undone the entire multi-drive bay hinges out to give access. Either that or remove front panel and slide it out as mentioned above would be my guess.

Rwstill 20:18 13 Dec 04

Hi Kernal 1873
I have changed the cd drive all you need do is undo the screws you can see. then push it out to the front of the machine pull out the power and ide connections.
You will have to give a bit of a push to start as on the side you can't see is a bit of metal that acts as a spring.

Kernal1873 22:53 13 Dec 04

Cheers Guys.

I will that a go rwstill

thanks again

bvw in bristol 23:09 13 Dec 04

As Rwstill states, just remove the 2 screws you can see and the drive just slides out of the front....it only takes a couple of minutes to do.

Note that the old drive will probably be set as Master, so check the jumpers before installing the new drive and make sure they are the same as the old one.

Kernal1873 00:30 14 Dec 04

Cheers

Got it fitted and up and tunning no probs, i just did not want to force the drive out.

Thnkas for all your help again.

Cheers
Scott.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced