Medion Laptop-Windows tune 'bitty' and interuppted

buel 08:44 02 Jul 08

Hi there, can anyone please help me? I have a Medion laptop(not great, i know!) and whenever the Windows tune/theme comes on after restarting it sounds 'bitty' and broken-up, the same is said when i play audio or video clips, this is SO annoying, has anyone any ideas of what i can do please?
My laptop is a Medion MD 96032 and this information appears on 'My Computer':
Intel(R)Celeron(R) M CPU
410 @ 1.46 Ghz
504MB of Ram
Windows Xp
Service Pack 2

Ps- does anyone know if i can 'overclock' this laptop? and does anyone know if it is upgradable?
many thanks-Craig

ronalddonald 08:55 02 Jul 08

can upgarde the RAM and hardrive, try click here but thats about it. For the sound try plugging in headphones to see if you get the same response, or a spare set of speakers.

It could be that you just need to adjust the volume control, do you have realtech driver it could be that you need to adjust the volume control on there instead of the windows volume control.

If that all fails then its beyond me, could try taking it back to get a refund if under warrenty.

Also when upgrading u need to know is the harddrive pata or sata. I hope this helps

buel 09:33 02 Jul 08

Hi there, thanks for that, so am i right in thinking that it isn't possible to overclock the processor?

buel 13:16 02 Jul 08

Hi there, thanks for that, so am i right in thinking that it isn't possible to overclock the processor?

buel 19:40 03 Jul 08

User-1229748 19:44 03 Jul 08

i had that problem after a windows update - i rolled back to previous drivers and it fixed mine.

buel 22:37 25 Jul 08

Hi thanks, how do i roll back the drivers?

woodchip 22:56 25 Jul 08

You most likely have a slow 4200rpm drive in it. I have a Medion laptop older than yours a Celeron desktop CPU. It was a Slow loader until i fitted a 60Gb 7200rpm drive

buel 09:59 26 Jul 08

Hi Woodchip, thanks for your help. 2 questions- i take it if i change my hard drive il have to reinstall windows? 2-does 'smackheadz' have a point regarding the drivers being rolled back?

woodchip 14:32 26 Jul 08

No you could create a Image of the Drive already in, to a External drive then load the image to new drive after you fit it

buel 14:44 26 Jul 08

2-does 'smackheadz' have a point regarding the drivers being rolled back?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…