Medion laptop MIM2320 keyboard and hotkey issues

GabeCP 17:38 18 Nov 10

My internal keyboard on me medion notebook semi works some buttons do and some don't due to a spillage. Unfortunately the wifi button has turned off and although my fn key works the f1 won't ! So I'm without wifi :( I have got a keyboard remapping programme and a usb keyboard . On the remapping programme I can easily rewrite fn functions to different keys but I can't find the wifi button code or name ... So if you know how I can turn the wifi on using this programme or any other means it'd be much appreciated !!

Cheers :) ps the remapping programme is called KeyRemapper

GabeCP 20:05 18 Nov 10

Bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:18 18 Nov 10

Have you tried the on screen keyboard in accessories?

maybe doesn't have an Fn

but if you press Fn on normal keyboard and F1 on the on screen one at the same time????

GabeCP 21:35 18 Nov 10

Doesn't work :(

woodchip 23:01 18 Nov 10

Why not just stick a WiFi USB stick in one of the four USB sockets it as on the back. That's what I did on a Medion I have

GabeCP 20:02 19 Nov 10

Bump

c4rm0 20:21 19 Nov 10

I use a tool on Hirens boot CD called KeyTweak 2.3.0: a program to Remap Keyboard Layout, you can even customize a broken key to an unused key (Windows Freeware).

woodchip 21:09 19 Nov 10

Why cannot you get a new Keyboard? Medion Laptops is made by Mitac This is how to remove the keyboard click here the bit at the top with buttons in it slides to the left then up you can then get to the keyboard screws. Monitor Hinge caps just prize up so you can get to screws that hold it in place

woodchip 21:10 19 Nov 10

PS you could also use a external USB keyboard, some have programmable buttons. Plenty in Maplins to look at

woodchip 21:21 19 Nov 10
  GabeCP 11:09 21 Nov 10

Okay thanks :) I think I'll go ahead with a new keyboard unless anyone else can think how I can fix it without buying something ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017