Medion Laptop-am i able to upgrade the processor??

buel 19:44 03 Jul 08

Hi there, please can someone tell me am i able to upgrade the processor on my medion Laptop?
My laptop is a Medion MD 96032 and this information appears on 'My Computer':
Intel(R)Celeron(R) M CPU
410 @ 1.46 Ghz
504MB of Ram
Windows Xp
Service Pack 2

mfletch 19:47 03 Jul 08

It wont be easy to upgrade a processor on a laptop it would be better to buy another laptop

chub_tor 19:49 03 Jul 08
  buel 19:51 03 Jul 08

Thanks for that, am i able to overclock it slightly then?

chub_tor 19:54 03 Jul 08

You will get more benefit by increasing the amount of RAM than you will by "slightly overclocking the processor." Run the Crucial Memory checker click here and it will advise you as to how much memory you can add.

Stuartli 19:59 03 Jul 08

It would depend on the motherboard and whether it would take more recent CPUs.

My younger offspring had no problem having a Dell laptop Intel CPU upgraded.

jack 20:22 03 Jul 08

Laptops are very limited in their upgradability due the the integrated design and lack of accessibility.
Memory yes up to a point, and perhaps harddrives.
But not withstanding Stuartli younger offspring the general answer is laptop you don't upgrade you replace.

woodchip 22:00 03 Jul 08

buy a better laptop, save your self some grief

buel 23:18 03 Jul 08

Hi thanks for all your advice, unfortunately i am not in a position to buy a new laptop so what i want/need to know is please can anyone recommend what ram i should buy? ie-what ram is ok to put in my model of Medion Laptop?
Ps-i am willing to buy 1Gb if it will fit??

Quiller. 23:28 03 Jul 08

Your laptop takes click here

woodchip 13:26 04 Jul 08

If its like a Medion Laptop I have number one slot cannot be got at without taking the Laptop apart, the other slot is in the bottom of the computer under a plate, I upgraded the Hard Drive first on mine as it was very slow at loading, drive working all the time I upgraded it from a 30Gb 4200rpm to a 60Gb 7200 this was my best speed gain, I did upgrade the Memory later. but cannot see no difference in speed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…