Medion-Dead Laptop Screen How to repair?

rickf 10:12 10 Dec 06

Hi All,
I have a Medion Laptop and the LCD has suddenly died. I have opend the screen panel but the connection for the inverter and bulb is I think at the bottom,unlike the Toshibas which is at the top, behind the screen. The laptop is working perfectly when I connect it up to an external CRT monitor which I have.
1) How do I take the whole thing off to gain access to the connector.
2) On the Main body how do I separate the base of the laptop from the face, where the keyboard is,in case the I need to change the whole screen.
I have taken the screws from the bottom but the two parts still would not separate.
Sorry for the long posting. Any help much appreciated. The shop has quoted £90 to change the inverter and bulb. Given laptops are rather cheap now, if I can't do it myself I might as well buy a new one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:51 10 Dec 06

Sometimes the little button (that switches off the screen when you close the lid) get stuck down. Check before changing lamps and invertors.

What model laptop? search for a service manual try click here

rickf 13:51 10 Dec 06

Hi Fruitbat,
Thanks. No, its not stuck. I need info re dissemble the laptop so I can gain access as per my above queries.
rickf

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:59 10 Dec 06

What model? need to know to search for a service manual.

rickf 15:18 10 Dec 06

Hi,
Its MD 9783. I couldn't find it thru'the link you gave earlier. Pls let me know if you find something. Much appreciated
rickf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…