Medion Computer power to Keyboard when Off

Howlin Hoggie 09:11 31 Dec 03

I bought a Medion computer yesterday whilst trying to set it up. I found even with it switched off I still had power to the keyboard whilst fiddling with the mouse connector it switched the machine on.
I loaded Norton anti virus and the mouse goes to egg timer when in taskbar at bottom and will not open anything totally Stuck anyone help???

Big Elf 11:49 31 Dec 03

It is possible in Device Manager to set the Power Management in Properties for some Human Interface Devices to 'Allow this device to bring computer out of standby'. The Power Setting option may also give a clue as to whether it is configured for standby.

SEASHANTY 16:27 31 Dec 03

There is power to the keyboard with the Medion PC switched off. Only way to fully remove all power is to remove the mains plug. Have two Medions leave this one with the mains connected and the spare with mains plug out unless I want to use it. Norton antivirus I found to be a pain. I only ever used it once and that was years ago in a home built PC. The antivirus on first start takes ages checking - longer than 20 minutes. I made the mistake of switching it off halfway through and as a result of that I had to re-intall windows. I haven't used Norton since. Both these Medions use ONTrack firewall and AV. Its now owned by v-com.com and the AV is based on Trend. Think its something to do with Norton which is causing your PC to freeze-up. I've had 4 Medions from Aldi and they have all worked fine - without Norton. See if you can uninstall it and DONT re-install it again until you are sure everything is working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…