Medion Computer MD 8008 2.6 gig

anniesboy68 18:46 24 Nov 03

Help please, Is there anyone out there using this computer. For some reason I have lost the recovery files on drive E. Would some kind soul send me those files if I send a rewritable CD so I can then transfer them there files back on PLEASE.

TBH1 22:21 24 Nov 03

have you asked medion for help here ?

TommyRed 22:43 24 Nov 03

Is it just me, or did you forget to include the link. TR

alan no brain 23:17 24 Nov 03

Try this site click here then you enter your model number (MD8008) and this will give you access to E-Mail facilities and driver downloads.

anniesboy68 14:25 25 Nov 03

Ok, Medion asked for help, but that takes 2 to 3 days, and I cannot guarantee they can help of course. Will not anybody copy the files for me, please. They should all be the same for this model of cptr.

anniesboy68 15:49 25 Nov 03

Phoned Medion, and they say the files from E cannot be copied, however would some kind soul be prepared to try??

rickf 16:24 25 Nov 03

Save your important files and use the "application support disc," NOT the windows recovery disc to restore to factory settings.

anniesboy68 17:11 25 Nov 03

Medion say the cptr cannot NOW be restored as to when it came, because the application support disk needs the files which were located on the E Drive. All is\would not be lost however as XP can be loaded back without all the applications/drivers etc. Which then would have to be loaded manualy. I should of course point out I am NOT in trouble only safeguarding any future problems. I'm off to Aldi's Thursday at 7.30 am to get the latest offering, and will be giving this cptr to my son. However would someone please try to put the file on a disk to see if it will transfer, and if so I will send a disk to them and pay all postage etc. etc. regards anniesboy68.. Phew!!!!!!

anniesboy68 17:02 26 Nov 03

Medion owners...Despite the foregoing is there not anyone prepared to try, please

Gaz 25 19:22 28 Nov 03

They are specific to your model though.

Diodorus Siculus 19:27 28 Nov 03

anniesboy68 - you will really have to find someone with that precise model!

If I were you, I would get a new OS and install from fresh; get Aida32 and it will give you details of what drives you will need.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…