Medion BB modem connection to ISP

eVil Niloc 20:10 14 Jun 05

For the last 2 weeks i've been battling to set up an internet connection on my daughter's old 500meg. pc. The set up includes Win XP,new nic networked to new Medion BB/dial-up modem, new a/c with Ukonline. I can dial into the modem which on the status screen shows that line is active and is connected, but Int/Explorer says any web pages selected cannot be displayed. A few days ago I was able to pick up emails via Outlook Express but this does not connect with server now either. Have tried various internet options, no anti virus or firewall as new install and firewall on modem turned off. Medion and Ukonline help desk hopeless. On verge of tearing hair out! Any advice appreciated. Colin

woodchip 20:14 14 Jun 05

If there is a Onboard LAN turn it of, in device manager by disabling it.

eVil Niloc 20:53 14 Jun 05

Hi Woodchip. No onboard lan, but I seem to remember installing and removing an old ISA nic from pc as it did not work, before new PCI nic installed.

woodchip 21:15 14 Jun 05

Check in device manager and clear all so only the one you use is active

eVil Niloc 21:45 14 Jun 05

I won't be able to check until tomorrow. I'll report back again then. Thanks Colin

eVil Niloc 22:19 15 Jun 05

Back again. The only nic in device manager is the one that should be there. I was able to pick up email today though, but no Int Explorer pages. Reading other posts, I note the reference to dect phomes. There is a cordless phone on the premises and also a pdq machine for processing credit cards. I have not had the opportunity to temporarally disconnect these yet.

woodchip 22:23 15 Jun 05

try reparing IE click here

eVil Niloc 22:47 15 Jun 05

Thanks! I didn't know you could do that. Once again, can't try until tommorow, as pc is remote from here! which is a bit of a pain:-)

woodchip 23:04 15 Jun 05

You need the Operating System disc to do the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…