Medion AGP

iskra 23:40 28 Mar 07

I have a Medion P4 PC with MSI Microstar International mother board MS6399 micro ATX. CPU upgraded from 1.6 to 2.0 (max allowed) 1 Gb ram. Can't play 1080p HD videos. I hope if I install an AGP card that I will be able to do that.
Are there different standards/speeds of AGP card? If so what is the max I can use? Can I fit a higher standard than the board can support and will it run at the boards maximum speed?
Any help much appreciated.
Best Regards,
Derek

AndySD 00:43 29 Mar 07

It appears you have an AGP 4/2 slot on the motherboard, you should be able to fit most new agp cards but do not go too high as your power supply may not be powerfull enough.

If you fit a 8x it will only run at 4x but there s very little noticable speed difference between the two

iskra 23:36 29 Mar 07

AndySD, thanks for taking the time to answer my query. This has been a big help.

woodchip 23:46 29 Mar 07

I just got this from Ebuyer for mine, Now running a 32" TV with the Comp through the DVI on Graphics to HDMI on TV click here Mine is a two year old Medion Desktop. It had a Ati 9200 in it

woodchip 23:51 29 Mar 07

Got it next day Delivered, I also got a Cable and a Extra Hard Drive So I did not pay no post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…