Medion 2880 base unit

ttttttttt 15:33 10 Feb 03

Has anyone bought the Medion 2.8 base unit from PC World it looks a bargain at £700 -is it? Anyone know the 2d & 3d speeds?

powerless 15:40 10 Feb 03

64Mb SIS 651 Graphics Card < 2D no problem!

3D well if games are your thing then, there are better cards out there.

Have a look around is my opinion maybe able to go for a better G-card and hard drive for tiny bit more but overall 3D performance will
improve.

bloodnock 15:50 10 Feb 03

I did and its a belter of a pc. im not a gamer but so fast enough for me.......my favourite is its 512ddr, doing a lot with photo editing and this helps enormously.........reccomend it to anyone.....

PA28 16:27 10 Feb 03

My son bought one of these and had no problems at all. He upgraded the video side to a G4 and otherwise the only limitations he has come across is that the number of PCI slots limits expansion (only 3 or 4 in total) and the power supply was on the meagre side at 250w. Check if this applies to the model you're considering if these are likely to cause problems.

roygbiv 17:15 10 Feb 03

I have the Medion 2538, and it is fine for me, I am not that demanding now, so i can't see any problem with for along time !!
Alan

jumbojets 22:56 14 Feb 03

it works well for me speakers only real weak point works well with photo edit as this is why i bought it 9/10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…