medion 2020

peter1429 10:14 08 Feb 06

i had a virus which would not allow me to do anything on my laptop so i reformatted on the advice of a friend, all well except no modem or sound and vid cards. Need the drivers. Anyone know the chipset or where to get drivers. I think we have recovery discs but all partitions have gone with recovery drive. HELP please.

peter

Rossi#1 11:37 08 Feb 06

I had the same problem and unfortunatley even medion couldnt recover the lost partitions. Luckily i got a full refund from the retailer. They will help you create a new partition but nothing saves on it.

Belatucadrus 11:44 08 Feb 06

click here try here.

woodchip 11:48 08 Feb 06

The drivers should be on the D:\ partition of your Laptop I have the same Laptop.

PS when you format it only clears the C:\ drive if that's what you formatted

peter1429 14:42 08 Feb 06

i unfortunately formatted all drive and closed all pertitions. Everything else is fine. If i knew chipset i might be able to find drivers

woodchip 17:47 08 Feb 06

I think you will find it's a "SIS 650" Chipset

Onboard Dial-Up Modem is Driver HSP56 MR-8640L.

click here For Drivers Page

woodchip 17:49 08 Feb 06

Sorry it took you to the main Page, click on More at the side of drivers then in model type 41191 press enter

peter1429 21:32 08 Feb 06

thx woodchip will try the drivers i got, should i use the bios update and the hotkey as well

woodchip 21:37 08 Feb 06

No, I have the same BIOS and it works OK. You should download all the drivers for the Laptop and load them. Save them on to a CDR

peter1429 12:06 09 Feb 06

thx again i have copied all the drivers for xp and saved them to cdr, just need to find time to sort it thanks for all your help
peter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant