MediaStudio disk space problem

Sparky0138 15:03 06 May 03

I'm using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 5.2 to create a video using clips I've captured from a video tape. Whenever I try to preview what I've done so far or even when I try to create a final copy of the video I keep getting an error message which says: "Insufficient disk space. Save to another disk or reduce file size."

When I go to File/Preferences/Cache, my cache RAM and cache disk size are both set to 120MB but it says I only have 130,488KB of current free memory. I've tried deleting all the files in my temp folder but that doesn't work and I have 28.6GB free out of a possible 37.2GB on my hard drive so that's not a problem. I tried making the previews using clips of a smaller size but got the same message.

I tried uninstalling the programme and reinstalling and that worked for a while but then the error message kept coming back up again. Can anyone please tell me what to do or give me any suggestions as to what I could try. I'm not really sure about RAM and cache etc. although I have a fair idea of what they are. Thanks.

Sparky0138 09:04 07 May 03

I'm not sure if this is the only solution but it worked for me and may work for others. After hours of looking for an answer and downloading software like Cacheman etc. I came across a folder in my Program Files called Ulead.dat and it was quite a few MB in size. I deleted everything that was in it after making a backup copy of course and that seems to have solved my problem; I can now make previews and create videos without the "insufficient disk space" error message appearing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…