Mediaplex.com and PCA!!

spuds 11:14 13 Dec 07

I use a programme called Spyware Warrior, and about a month ago, warning messages were flagged up when I used the PCA website and forums. Basically it was informing that Mediaplex.com was on the PCA site and 'this website has been reported as dangerous'. The PCA website was blocked until I took the necessary action. This phase passed, but it as again returned back yesterday and today, blocking the PCA website, until I take further actions.

Can anyone supply further details regarding this perhaps intrusion (at times)and whether Mediaplex.com is an actual threat.

octal 12:50 13 Dec 07

The program is probably getting paranoid over a tracking cookie. If you are that worried I would be inclined just to delete all cookies when you close your browser.

I don't think PCA would allow spyware on their site, could you imagine it? They would have a riot on their hands :D

octal 12:53 13 Dec 07

By the way, mediaplex.com are responsible for the Dell adverts at the top and on the right of the page, they are Flash Player ads.

skidzy 17:15 13 Dec 07

Simple move to stop those ads.

If your using firefox,goto Tools/Options/Content and untick Javascript and ok. (Refresh your screen)

For those pages that require Javascript ,use IETab click here

skidzy 21:25 13 Dec 07

Do you mean SpywareTerminator ? and not Spyware Warrior.

spuds 11:04 14 Dec 07

Apologies, it is/was Spyware Terminator and not Spyware Warrior that I am using.

Still getting the same warning signs this morning on the PCA website, but have run other independent scans with negative results, so I can perhaps assume that things are slightly over-sensitive!.

skidzy-- I tried the link, and it appears that Microsoft "cannot open the file". Will give it a few more tries.

Thanks both for your appreciated input on this matter. Will now tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…