MediaMax Radeon X800GTO

wotbus@ 10:33 15 Feb 06

If anyone is using this PCI-Express card I would be interested to know which version of Catalyst driver they find best. I have this card but there was no software in the box so I downloaded v6-2, the latest, but my application keeps crashing [fs9]. I have only fs9 and the update installed with default settings so it's not overwork!
XP Home\ASUS A8N-SLI\Athlon 64x2 3800\2Gb Corsair TwinX DDRAM.

Totally-braindead 10:42 15 Feb 06

I have the A8N-SLI Deluxe and I am wondering if it is anything to do with the drivers at all. I don't have your graphics card I have a 6600GT but I'm wondering what power supply you have, I upgraded mine to a Tagan 480watt one. Also the card, could it be faulty? Have you connected the extra connector to the motherboard for the graphics card?
If you're sure its the drivers you could try the omega drivers click here

wotbus@ 13:15 15 Feb 06

Hi Totally. The PSU is a Seasonic S12-650w. The card is new but for sure it could be a fault. Not sure what you mean about the extra connector to the mobo for the graphics card? I have one at the top of card marked ATX12V - that is connected, and one marked EZ_PLUG [also ATC12V] -that is connected. Is there another one? My other card in my other mobo, had a separate PX supply but there is nowhere on this card for one that I can see. It's a shame I bought this card as I was unaware at the time that the dual SLI mode only supports nVidea based cards but it should run OK in the first SLI slot in single mode.

wotbus@ 13:16 15 Feb 06

Sorry - should read "I have one at the top of the mobo marked ATX12V" etc

wotbus@ 13:22 15 Feb 06

NB:- The main board PX [24pin is of course connected].

wotbus@ 08:50 16 Feb 06

Looks like it was a driver issue. I removed Catalyst 6.2 with the Cat removal tool, and installed v6.1 and all seems ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017