Media reports Chrome choking Firefox? Who uses Chrome?

Muergo 23:02 PM 10 Dec 11

Reports this week that Chrome has overtaken Firefox and is closing gap with I.E.

It appears that now Google is directing users to Chrome at the expense of Firefox who get a lot of their revenue from Google who in turn could turn this off gradually.

I have never used Chrome, what do you think about how it performs compared to the other two main players?

rdave13 00:04 AM 11 Dec 11

IE for me any time. FF as a stanby browser. Rather use any other browser than Googles as they have enough info on my personal searches and email as it is.

morddwyd 08:36 AM 11 Dec 11

I've never used IE, went straight from Netscape to Firefox, but have been with Chrome since the beta cam out.

Chrome is far better in my view and I only ever use FF for this site (problem with colours).

Ian in Northampton 09:47 AM 11 Dec 11

I've been a long time Chrome user, and love it. It's light, fast, responsive and intuitive. That said, I've only ever used IE before (and, occasionally, Safari) - so I don't know how it compares with other browsers. I don't really subscribe to the 'Big bad Google' thing - which is strange, given my normally high levels of paranoia. If Chrome has a downside, it's that there are a - very - few sites that aren't happy with it, and prefer IE. But that may be equally true for FF etc.

birdface 10:01 AM 11 Dec 11
  Muergo 13:04 PM 11 Dec 11

Well on balance I think I shall download Chrome, I've been having persistent troubles with Firefox and missing photos/graphics over several updates and it still is prone to crashing.

Thanks for all your guidance.

Muergo 14:16 PM 11 Dec 11

I have noticed that Google Chrome in all versions is only at Beta stage, the list in FileHippo only shows Beta, are there none which are completed or do they just stay in beta all the time? Most strange.

mimosa418 14:39 PM 11 Dec 11

You must be looking at the Beta channel. Chrome is at v 15.0 final. Though I believe v16 coming soon.

Woolwell 14:48 PM 11 Dec 11

Why are you looking in filehippo for Chrome? It is a Google product so it is better to download from there. Google Chrome

Strawballs 14:56 PM 11 Dec 11

I use chrome most of the time now as I find it faster, I also have a few Polish and Latvian friends and Chrome has an inbuilt translator, all I have to do is right click and translate this page and it translates in real time if we are using messenger of facebook chat.

Muergo 15:26 PM 11 Dec 11

Woolwell, I happened to be in Filehippo updating other programs and Chrome was highlighted so I looked at the downloads there which were all beta.

I've just had an abortive installation using Google, so had to uninstall before trying again.

Translation sounds useful but I already have Google translator to look at the Spanish newspapers. That seems to come up automatically.

I am having extreme TalkTalk line speed trouble at the moment so installation may be dropping out as I only have 360Kb. It's part of a plot by TalkTalk to persuade me to pay an extra £10 a month for optical.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know