media portal and vts files

northernscum 15:10 01 Jun 08

does anyone know if you can get a plugin for media portal to allow it to play vts files as my dvd's which i have put onto my hd with dvd shrink are in vts and it does not play them,or if there is a free converter to put them into avi or some format that it will play

sean-278262 15:25 01 Jun 08

Provided the files are video files then VLC will almost certainly play it.

click here

If you want to put the files to something smaller then try Pocket Divx Encoder

click here

Works a charm for just about anything, just requires to read the FAQs on their website to understand the workings of the program.

eedcam 15:27 01 Jun 08

Go for vlc as said

northernscum 15:33 01 Jun 08

thanks for the reply.i already have vlc. so are you saying i can set up media portal to play the films through vlc by adding in the setup somewhere.cause i was wanting to play them while i was in mp.

MCE2K5 18:00 01 Jun 08

Read this click here

northernscum 21:05 01 Jun 08

thanks MCE will give what they suggest a go tomorrow as i want to use mp cause it is a good bit of software.plus i dont want to lose quality of the dvd by converting again really

MAT ALAN 21:16 01 Jun 08

I am not a moderator for this site BUT i consider your user name to be inappropriate for an open forum such as this, i for one find it offensive...

northernscum 18:36 02 Jun 08

get a life

MAT ALAN 18:50 02 Jun 08

Thats what i expected!!!! DULL

northernscum 18:54 02 Jun 08

the link worked MCE2K5 thanks for that.anyone else reading this rather than one vts file in a folder i put the vob file and ifo files together in the same folder and it worked Example: make a folder named FUTURAMA for me then put all thease files in it.\VIDEO_TS.BUP\VTS_01.VOB\VTS_01_0.IFO. worked for me thanks again

AL47 19:41 02 Jun 08

ifo file is what i click to play the files, its the instruction i think

the username is funny btw

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…