Media Player10 playback problem

corc2 11:41 16 Apr 05

MP10 has started behaving strangely. Whenever I choose an audio file (in any format) to play, the progress (seek) bar starts to move but no sound is heard. However, if I drag the bar back to the beginning the file plays. Also, when I click the next button the same happens. The only change I have made before this started happening is upgrade to Office XP from Office 2000. Anyone have an idea whats happened? Thanks in advance.
Athlon XP2.4; XP Home SP2; 1GB RAM; MP10.00.00.3646

spuds 12:13 16 Apr 05

I converted from Media Player 9 to 10 and began to experience all sort of problems. Tried various solutions without much success, then decided to removed all traces of Media Player 9 and 10 from the system and do a complete new re-install. Everything as now returned to normality, and it is working fine again.So perhaps a re-install is required!.

Jak_1 13:36 16 Apr 05

I converted some time ago with no problems. I know this sounds stupid but have you checked the volume control by clicking on the icon in the systray?

I am using XP-Home, AMD Athlon 64 bit chip with 512MB DDR Ram.

corc2 14:10 16 Apr 05

Thanks for the replies. The volume setting is ok. Can you re-install over the existing copy or do you have to remove MP10 first?

Jak_1 14:43 16 Apr 05

Suggest removing all traces first. Then download afresh.

spuds 17:35 16 Apr 05

You can install 10 over 9, but having the problems that I had, and finding my solution,I would remove both 9 and 10 completely, then re-install as new set-up.

corc2 15:50 18 Apr 05

Well I tried re-installing MP10 over itself but it didn't cure the problem. Finally I found a link click here and rolled back to MP9. The playback of audio problem I had has disappeared. Thanks again for the advice

corc2 16:01 18 Apr 05

I think the link above may be wrong. vSorry.
Go to add/remove programmes

Check the show changes box

Scroll down to Win MP10, highlight it then choose roll back to previous version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…