Media Player Video Settings

Jakey boy 20:28 15 May 04

Can anyone tell me how to save the video settings (ie: brightness/contrast etc) in windows media player? Version is 9.0, OS is ME. I don't mind but when I watch a video through Yahoo Launch or any other online service, I can't adjust the brightness etc.....HELP!!!

scooby43 20:37 15 May 04

are u meaning DVD movies if so try windvd or power dvd

Jakey boy 20:40 15 May 04

Video files and streaming stuff etc.

scooby43 20:43 15 May 04
  Jakey boy 20:50 15 May 04

I think you're missing the point here. I want to know how to save the settings, (eg: after I have adjusted them in WMP) to my preference. For instance, when I play a music video in WMP, the picture is far too dark. I can alter the brightness, but when I exit, I want the settings saved, and I want to keep them that way, as when I view streaming videos, like movie trailers etc, I can't adjust the settings as I would when running the player from my desktop.

scooby43 12:51 27 May 04

sorry I misunderstood, I havent used winamp.

Jakey boy 13:44 27 May 04

Who mentioned Winamp???? See this thread for more details click here

mikejonesuk 01:31 24 Sep 05

Why do the video-settings adjustments that I make in the Player go back to default values when I play a new video?

Windows Media Player doesn't retain video-settings adjustments between video playback sessions because non-default settings may not work for all videos. For example, if your video is too dark and you increase the brightness, the next video you play may be hard to see at that brightness setting. You may need to adjust the video settings for each video that you play.

If your settings appear to be consistently maladjusted (for example, all of your videos are too dark), try adjusting overlay or color values for your video card instead. To access video-card properties, do the following:
In Control Panel, open Display.
In the Display Properties dialog box, on the Settings tab, click the Advanced button.
Adjust properties for your video card by reviewing the documentation that came with your hardware.

mikejonesuk 01:41 24 Sep 05

I have a similar problem to Jakey Boy.

I have recently been given a second hand 19" monitor that I watch videos on.
The monitor runs a little dark - even when I manually adjust it to maximum brightness.
I can use the Display Properties menu for my graphics card to adjust the screen in general, but Windows Media Player 10 still plays video too dark. I use the Video Settings sliders each time to increase the brightness, but I have to do it every time I play a video - which is annoying.
Does anyone know of a plug-in or patch or anything that will let me save the setting so I don't have to adjust it each time?

mikejonesuk 02:02 24 Sep 05

I used the Overlay options in my video card properties menu. Overlay apparently affects video and DVD played on the computer. Before I'd been using Video Settings in WMP which resets every time, amd Colour Correction on my video card menu, which affects the screen but not video.

If you have an Overlay option in your graphic card menus, Jakey Boy, use that. (You will need to experiment to get the brightness you want- I have mine set to 150%.)

Jakey boy 05:50 24 Sep 05

Many thanks mikejonesuk, you've solved my problem too! Amazing after all this time! I had used the graphics card settings before, but had only managed to alter the desktop settings. The overlay options have done the trick. Many thanks again, and thank god for PCA!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…