Media Player v9 with XP Home shows Red Exclamation

Giggle n' Bits 22:40 13 Oct 03

marks when playing a coppied audio CD I have made.

I have coppied one of my Audio CD's which is 1:15 mins long onto a Imation CDR 700MB/80Min CD when it get to around track 11 it stops and comes up in the track listing where it shows the numbe for the track but with a Red Exlcamation Mark.

Is this a error as the CD is longer and bigger than the actual size of the Blank CDR I have used ? Or is it a system error.

woodbasher 00:39 14 Oct 03

I had a similar problem which turned out to be a CD burning issue. The built-in burner program with WM9 (I think it is a cut-down version of Roxio) is sometimes not able to synchronise with the disk speed and just stops burning, with the result that some or other track does not get copied and a red exclamation mark appears. I got round it by copying the tracks to the hard disc first then burning to a CD using Nero. Hope this helps.

Giggle n' Bits 09:33 14 Oct 03

I used Nero to record this Audio CD but playing back with Media player in XP came with this problem.

I had a look at the Media Player help and ticked Error correction, posible something to do with noise in the music passage. I am leaving it on a repeat play to see if it the problem returns.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…